Jason returns with special guest Kevin from The House Show to talk 1985 movies. First, Jason gets to address some recent comments said on The House Show by Kevin’s co-host Matty Treats. Then, it’s on to our weekly Recurrent Events headlines including:
- Schoolhouse Rock on Disney+
- 10 Most Shocking Wrestling Title Changes in the 80s
- Andre the Giant ReAction figures from Super 7
- Masters Of The Universe Board Game Announced By CMON
- Sega’s Game Gear Micro
- Back to the Future – Ultimate Marty McFly “Tales From Space” Version
- Apple Jacks Caramel Cereal
- New Funfetti Cereal Coming August 2020
- Ratt’s ‘Round and Round’ Returns to Top 20 Thanks to TV Ad
- Alien Ant Farm delivers another new epic cover of an 80’s classic
- Kevin’s review of Ozzy Osbourne’s new album
In this week’s TRN Time Machine segment sponsored by the RetroDaze, Jason and Kevin discuss the best (and practically every) movie released in 1985. We’ll run the Top 10 at the box office, a couple noteworthy events in film, and the awards including the Oscars and Razzies. Then we will reveal our personal Top 5 lists including Mickey’s choices! We’ll then wrap up our discussion by reading back your feedback from Twitter.
Finally, get the latest on everything coming up with The Retro Network including our podcast schedule, YouTube videos, written features, and more. Plus, ENTER THE WAX PACK FLASHBACK GIVEAWAY now through Friday June 12 for you chance at 30 assorted unopened packs of trading cards from the 80s and 90s!
THIS PODCAST HAS MOVED TO THE VIP VAULT!
Become a VIP on Patreon at the $5 level and unlock over 100 podcasts including the complete TRN Podcast audio library.
To interact with the podcast, please connect with @TRNsocial on Twitter which is where we look for feedback to add to the show. If you enjoy the TRN Podcast, please leave a 5-star rating in your favorite app. Support us on Patreon for bonus content including the TRN Drive-In ’95 podcast series reviewing 12 movies from 1995 and the Grocery Stories mini-podcasts series on our experiences working at grocery stores back in the day.