You can listen but you can’t touch the greatness that is this episode. Events are set up on one pay per view that pay off three weeks later on the next show. Which means The House Show proudly presents to you Twin Magic, a review of both WWF Breakdown In Your House and WWF Judgment Day In Your House!
On the Brie portion of the show, WWF Breakdown: In Your House. Taking place September 27, 1998 at the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario in front of over 17,000 fans. Those fans are there to see the latest chapter in Mr McMahon vs Stone Cold Steve Austin and tonight is a big one. Austin will defend the WWF title against both Kane and the Undertaker, but with a twist! If one triple threat match isn’t enough – there’s two! And the other one is in a steel cage. Ken Shamrock, Mankind, and the Rock battle it out to see who will be the number one contender to face the winner of the other triple threat match. Assuming there is an obvious winner and clear champion of course.
WWF Breakdown matches include:
- Owen Hart vs. Edge.
- Al Snow (with Head) and Scorpio vs Too Cool (Brian Christopher and Scott Taylor).
- Marc Mero (with Jacqueline) vs. Droz.
- Bradshaw vs. Vader in a Falls Count Anywhere match.
- D’Lo Brown vs. Gangrel.
- The Rock vs. Mankind vs. Ken Shamrock in a Steel Cage match to determine a new #1 Contender.
- D-Generation X (Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, X-Pac) vs Jeff Jarrett and Southern Justice (Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight).
- Kane vs. the Undertaker vs Stone Cold Steve Austin. Kane and Undertaker cannot pin each other. If anyone interferes for Austin, he will lose the title.
Then on the Nikki part of the show is the stacked card from WWF Judgment Day: In Your House. Taking place weeks later on October 18, 1998 from the Rosemont Horizon in Rosemont, Illinois in front of over 18,000 fans. A new WWF champion will finally be crowned as the Undertaker faces Kane for the vacant title with Stone Cold Steve Austin as the special referee. These two events features some of the craziest and most memorable Attitude Era twists and turns.
WWF Judgment Day matches include:
- Al Snow (with Head) vs Marc Mero (with Jacqueline).
- LOD 2000 (Hawk, Animal, and Droz) vs The Disciples of Apocalypse (8-Ball, Skull, and Paul Ellering).
- Christian (with Gangrel) vs Taka Michinoku (Light Heavyweight champion) (with Yamaguchi-san).
- Goldust vs Val Venis (with Terri Runnels).
- X-Pac (with Chyna) vs D’Lo Brown (European champion).
- The Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher) vs the New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn) (WWF tag team champions).
- Ken Shamrock (Intercontinental champion) vs Mankind.
- Mark Henry vs the Rock.
- Kane vs the Undertaker for the vacant WWF title. Steve Austin is the special referee.
Your hosts break down these matches and so much more. We discuss our changing opinions on the characters of the Godfather, Val Venis, and Dustin Runnels/Goldust. Is Canada bizarro land? Tag teams with similar looks. This crop of fresh talent in WWF and so much more.
Plus our usual tangents into our lives. Big Buddy is watching, and so is Big Collector. Two of the hosts are accosted by security. This story is unrivaled.
This week, The House Show is sponsored by HalloweenCostumes.com and Fun.com! Click the links here in the show notes or any banner on the site and add some savings directly to your cart. Save 20% off any one item at HalloweenCostumes.com through Oct 31 featuring the biggest selection of costumes in the world!!! Their sister site Fun.com also has a vast selection of gift ideas, clothing, collectibles, and decor in which you can save 15% off one item until Dec 31, 2020. TRN fans can redeem one or both offers now!
The Retro Network’s own Kevin Decent (@MaskedLibrary) along with his two best friends “Sweet” Matty Treats (@MattyTreats) and Matt “the Educator of Excellence” are revisiting the WWF’s In Your House pay per view events over the course of the worldwide quarantine. This trios team has been watching wrestling all their lives and debating the outcomes since high school. Join them each week for a new podcast and invite them in your house.
Contact The House Show across social media! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Follow along with each podcast by signing up for a 30-day free trial of the WWE Network. Watch all the In Your House pay-per-views plus so much more from the ’80s and ’90s eras including Wrestlemanias, Summerslams, and events from other leagues like WCW and NWA. Click the link here in the show notes and you’ll also be supporting The House Show and The Retro Network as an official WWE affiliate.