Recurrent Events returns to this week’s TRN Podcast with some Thanksgiving leftovers that are just as good reheated. The internet nearly blew up with the recent E.T. commercial from Xfinity and we share our thoughts on the podcast. America’s Funniest Home Videos is bringing back Bob Saget and Tom Bergeron for a 30th anniversary special this coming weekend and I can’t wait! Turkey and stuffing on pizza? Yep, leave it to Canada to come up with what should’ve been an American idea.
Remember, if you see *** before the headline, you’ll be hearing us talk about it on the upcoming episode of TRN Podcast. Here are Recurrent events for the week of Nov 24-30, 2019.
- ***Xfinity commercial reunites E.T. with Elliott. – Some backlash over this, using a commercial to play at our heartstrings, but isn’t a well done 4-minute ad better than sitting through a 90-minutes reboot that would likely only have about 4 minutes of content we really want to see?
- ***The Fugitive Being Rebooted By Warner Bros. – This installment will re-imagine the 1993 film and be completely separate entity from the upcoming Quibi series.
- ***Danny DeVito Wants To Make Another ‘Matilda’ And Even Has An Idea For The Sequel – “I always wanted to do Matilda 2, but when the kid was still a kid,” DeVito told Comic Book dot com. “But that was like 20 years ago, 25 years ago. Maybe Matilda has a kid and we can do something that, I don’t know.” If that idea doesn’t pan out, maybe we can see what Bruce Bogtrotter is up to? Did he lose weight? Gain weight? Does the sight of a chocolate cake fill him with murderous rage? It’s the gritty Matilda sequel we demand.”
- A New ‘The Rise Of Skywalker’ Featurette Shows Four Decades Of Making ‘Star Wars’ – Getting more excited to see how they wrap the story.
- The 1980s Batman Movie Nearly Starred Bill Murray & Eddie Murphy – It’s totally weird thinking about these two actors as Batman and Joker, but had they left the campy-ness from the ’60s series, it might have worked.
- ***Boston Pizza Bakes New Christmas Pizza Topped with Turkey and Stuffing in Canada – The festive pizza comes topped with seasoned rotisserie turkey, house-made stuffing, rosemary sage cream sauce, and Italian cheeses. To complete the effect, the Christmas Pizza is served with cranberry sauce and warm turkey gravy. Dessert is also included in the form of Toblerone chocolate bars.
- ***Lay’s Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese-flavored potato chips are back for a limited time exclusive at Sam’s Club.
- ***Chick-Fil-A has brought back the Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshake and the Eggnog milkshake has returned to Krystal.
- ***‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ is Turning 30 & Bob Saget/Tom Burgeron Are Returning For a Special. AFV: America, This is You! will air on December 8, 2019 following the regular episodes and will feature interviews with past contestants, dive into the show’s history and effect on pop culture, and replay some of the most hilarious clips throughout the show’s time on air.
- ***CBS All Access Begins To Roll-Out Kids’ Content & Sets Premiere Plans For Nickelodeon Shows – includes new and original Danger Mouse, Inspector Gadget, Heathcliff, Sonic, Adventures of Super Mario Bros., Archie’s Weird Mysteries, and Polly Pocket.
- Here Is Every Netflix Original Release Date Announced For 2020
- The Simpsons May Be Coming to An End According to The Shows Composer – I think this has been debunked already but interesting to think how they would possibly end the long-running series.
Recurrent Events can be found each week as a segment on The Retro Network Podcast. Please subscribe and give us your feedback which we might feature on a future podcast episode. Also visit the Recurrent Events Archive for headlines from previous weeks!