In this week’s “Time Machine,” Jason and Mickey revisit the 1996 MTV Movie Awards!
This week’s Recurrent Events headlines include:
- Burger King Releases A Chocolate Whopper In Taiwan
- Chick-fil-A Tests New Honey Pepper Pimento Chicken Sandwich
- Smartfood Caramel & Cinnamon Apple Mix Popcorn
- Red Lobster Serves Up First Official Mountain Dew Cocktail
- ViacomCBS Will Rebrand CBS All Access as Paramount+ in 2021
- There’s a ‘Back to the Future’-themed bar in Texas, and it’s all kinds of ‘McFly’
- Netflix picks up Good Times cartoon from Norman Lear, Steph Curry, and Seth MacFarlane
- CBS Brings Back Sunday Night Movies To Fill Gap Until Scripted Dramas Return
- ABC Orders Straight To Series Erin Brockovich-Inspired Drama ‘Rebel’ Starring Katey Sagal
- Transformers Dinobots Return to Form Volcanicus with Hasbro
- MOTU Origins Moss Man And Castle Greyskull Playset Coming From Mattel???
- LEGO Batman 1989 Batwing (#76161) Set Revealed
In this week’s “Time Machine” segment sponsored by the RetroDaze YouTube channel, Jason and Mickey revisit the 1996 MTV Movie Awards which primarily covered the films of 1995. We’ll be covering highlights of the show, the music performances, and of course, the categories and winners that were crowned. Our feedback challenge this week is telling us your pick for the best movie category whther it was one of the nominations or another one of your favorites. Tweet us at @TRNsocial we’ll pick our favorite comments to announce on next week’s show.
THIS PODCAST HAS MOVED TO THE VIP VAULT!
Become a VIP on Patreon at the $5 level and unlock over 100 podcasts including the complete TRN Podcast audio library.
To interact with the podcast, please connect with @TRNsocial on Twitter which is where we look for feedback to add to the show. If you enjoy the TRN Podcast, please leave a 5-star rating in your favorite app. Support us on Patreon for bonus content including the TRN Drive-In ’95 podcast series reviewing 1995 movies and Grocery Stories mini-podcasts on our experiences working at grocery stores back in the day.