Oh baby and oh no! This is the most shocking year to year change in Halloween Havoc history. Your trios tag team champions hosts have trouble wrapping their minds around each and every head scratching moment.
This eleventh incarnation of the Halloween Havoc series took place October 24, 1999 once again from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, but this time in front of nearly 8,500 fans. The attendance is down but can this still be considered a sell out?
Your hosts are from New York and we still don’t get what took place on this show. The “Powers that Be” – former WWF writers Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara – are now in charge of WCW and it shows. We debate some things that worked, a lot that didn’t, and all points in between. We’re not the only ones confused by these changes because the camera crew, the referees, and even the announcers have their moments throughout this event.
In addition to breaking down the matches and segments from this pay per view we also discuss the Total Package, Hugh Knobbs, and Nitro cologne.
Halloween Havoc 1999 matches include:
- Disco Inferno (WCW Cruiserweight champion) vs Lash LeRoux.
- Harlem Heat vs The First Family (with Jimmy Hart) vs The Filthy Animals for the vacant WCW tag team titles in a falls count anywhere street fight.
- Eddie Guerrero vs Perry Saturn.
- Brad Armstrong vs Berlyn (with the Wall).
- Rick Steiner vs Chris Benoit (WCW TV champion).
- The Total Package (with Elizabeth) vs Bret Hart.
- Sting (WCW World champion) vs Hulk Hogan.
- Goldberg vs Sid Vicious (WCW United States champion).
- Diamond Dallas Page (with Kimberly) vs Ric Flair in a Strap match.
- Goldberg vs Sting (WCW World champion).
If you like the Hot Tag of the show, you can now read all of Kevin’s show notes by becoming a Patron at the $5 level over at patreon.com/maskedlibrary.
Check out The House Show Tee Public merchandise store!
This week, The House Show is sponsored by Fun.com!
The Retro Network’s own Kevin Decent (@MaskedLibrary) along with his two best friends “Sweet” Matty Treats (@MattyTreats) and Matt “the Educator of Excellence” are revisiting the WWF’s In Your House pay per view events over the course of the worldwide quarantine. This trios team has been watching wrestling all their lives and debating the outcomes since high school. Join them each week for a new podcast and invite them in your house.
Contact The House Show across social media! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Listen from the beginning! Subscribe to The House Show feed directly or search “The House Show” in your favorite podcast app.
Be the first to comment