Let’s Dig In! TRN Podcast returns returns with Jason and Mickey discussing their Favorite Food Commercials over the years in the Time Machine discussion! First, Jason gives a live review of the new Lays Flavor Icons Chile Relleno (pronounced Re-Yay-No) potato chips and an upcoming giveaway announcement. Then, it’s our reaction to a smorgasbord of Recurrent Events headlines including:
- Cheetos Branches Into Mac & Cheese with Three New Varieties Including Flamin’ Hot
- Bojangles Gets Exclusive Mountain Dew Southern Shock
- SPOTTED: Limited Edition Mtn Dew Spark
- KFC France Serves Up Fried Chicken “Hot Dogs”
- A Clever Coffee Mug Shaped Like a Glass Coffee Pot
- SPOTTED: Pillsbury Golden Grahams S’mores Toaster Strudel Pastries
- New Jif No Added Sugar Creamy Peanut Butter Spread Arrives on Store Shelves
- SPOTTED: Smartfood Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- REVIEW: Witch’s Brew Kit Kat
- French’s Partners With Oskar Blues Brewery to Make a Yellow Mustard Beer Celebrating National Mustard Day
- New Coca-Cola with Coffee Coming January 2021
- Post Unveils New Dunkin’ Coffee-Flavored Cereals
- Nerds Coming Soon in New Gummy Clusters
- R.I.P. longtime Quaker Oats spokesman Wilford Brimley
In this week’s TRN Time Machine segment sponsored by the RetroDaze, Jason and Mickey are remembering some of their favorite food commercials over the years. Cereal, fast food, soda, beer, candy, condiments — many different and iconic commercials were chosen plus many great additions from our feedback army on Twitter. If you want to watch all the commercials mentioned on the show, visit our TRN Podcast 058 YouTube Playlist.
We finish up this week’s show with the latest written features on the website, and of course, the podcast channel schedule. We invite you explore all The Retro Network has to offer and our bonus content on Patreon like the new TRN Podcast After Hours episodes.
THIS PODCAST HAS MOVED TO THE VIP VAULT!
Become a VIP on Patreon at the $5 level and unlock over 100 podcasts including the complete TRN Podcast audio library.
To interact with the podcast, please connect with @TRNsocial on Twitter which is where we look for feedback to add to the show. If you enjoy the TRN Podcast, please leave a 5-star rating in your favorite app. Support us on Patreon for bonus content including the TRN Drive-In ’95 podcast series reviewing 1995 movies and Grocery Stories mini-podcasts on our experiences working at grocery stores back in the day.