It’s good time for a great podcast about McDonald’s! First, Mickey and Jason rant about the rough time ordering the limited Pringles Turducken pack online last week. Then, in this week’s Recurrent Events:
- Bill Murray confirmed for Ghostbusters 2020
- Scream 5 is in the early stages with a crazy rumored plot
- Hocus Pocus cast returning for sequel
- Country fried turkey at Cracker Barrel
- Krispy Kreme Easy-As-Pie donuts
- Real Life Pac-Man maze touring the country
- Timex brings back the T-80 digital wristwatch
- New Rocketeer animated series at Disney
- The Equalizer reboot series starring Queen Latifah
- Batman 1989 Lego Batmobile
- Christmas toy catalogs from Walmart, Target and Amazon
Our TRN Time Machine segment this week (sponsored by the RetroDaze YouTube channel) is ripped from the headlines! McDonald’s recently announced retro toys for their 40th anniversary Happy Meals which led us to picking our Top 5 Happy Meal toys of our childhood! Our discussion goes beyond toys including early memories of visits to the restaurant and some of our favorite Happy Meal boxes and containers. We also read back our social media responses to your favorite McDonald’s memories.
In between segments you’ll get to hear some classic McDonald’s Happy Meal commercials and then, we’ll wrap everything up with what’s coming up on The Retro Network this coming week and more listener feedback.
We did find the McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys book that Mcikey references in the podcast on Amazon. Also check out our buddy Adam’s article on RetroDaze Timewarp: McDonald’s 1988 for even more nostalgia.
Interact with us on social media by finding @TRNsocial on like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Connect with hosts Jason (@RD80s) and Mickey (@yesterdayville) on Twitter. If you enjoy the TRN Podcast and others in the channel like Sequelquest and TRN Game Night, please leave a 5-star rating in your favorite app.
Support us on Patreon for free bonus content including our outtakes shows plus some behind the scenes content exclusively for our paid supporters. Consider backing us this week starting at just $2!