Recurrent Events has two segments on this week’s TRN Podcast! Mickey and I will be discussing several stories from this past week in our normal segment and then Recurrent Events takes over! Our main topic will be an extensive month-by-month look at everything retro coming in 2020. We are calling it the Recurrent Events 2020 Preview and it covers movies (including re-releases), TV series, video games, music albums, and collectibles. Be sure to check it out!
The big story this week is the new glorious Star Wars officially licensed Millennium Falcon Hyperspace Jump Experience bounce house that I first saw on Geekologie. It weighs 1,100 pounds and measures 35-feet long, 30 feet wide and 15 feet tall. The Falcon features inflatable slides and playthings inside, a blow-up Chewbacca that greets you at the entrance, and safely accommodates up to 12 bouncers at once. The cost is a whopping $9,495 so your best bet may be renting one from a local business if they have the means to purchase. As Mickey and I discuss during the podcast, this might lead to a spinoff article on what other ships, vehicles, homes, etc. from the past would be make good bounce houses.
Here are the rest of the Recurrent Events headlines for the week of Dec 29 – Jan 4. (Stories marked with *** are discussed on TRN Podcast this week.)
- **Man Performs The Inspector Gadget And He-Man Theme Songs On Church Organ – It’s hard to go against He-man but the Inspector Gadget theme works so well on the organ.
- Disney CEO Says Disney+ Star Wars Shows Could Become Movies – I think a one-off Mandalorian movie would be great to begin a fresh story once when/if they finish up the arc with “Baby Yoda.”
- REPORT: Disney+’s Obi-Wan Kenobi Looking to Cast Young Luke Skywalker
- Austin Powers Director Jay Roach Talks Chances Of Fourth Film
- Galaxy Quest: Tim Allen Equates Harold Ramis’ Version to Spaceballs
- 10 Movies That Should Be Featured In Netflix’s “The Movies That Made Us”
- 10 Sci-Fi Comics To Read If You Liked The Mandalorian – I’ve been interested in the Poe Dameron series so this article might be enough for me to seek it out.
- **Arcade1Up Star Wars PINBALL Leak!!! | CES 2020 – I didn’t realize during the podcast that this was a leak and not official news but sounds like it’s all but a done deal. I love pinball so very excited to hear more.
- **Masters Of The WWE Universe Wave 1 And Grayskull Mania Ring Video Review And Images – These might be the best crossover yet for the WWE.
- Could 2020 Be The Year We See 6″ G.I. Joe Figures From Hasbro? – Would make sense with the new ‘Snake Eyes’ movie due out in October
- Super7: ThunderCats Wave 2 Reveals and Info
- The Main Theme Song From THE MANDALORIAN Gets a Retro ’80s Synthwave Cover – Featured this on the Rediscover the ’80s website this week. I’ve had it on loop in the truck.
- **Vinyl Record Sales Surpassed CDs for the First Time in Decades – I’m doing my part!!!
- Why Eagles Referenced Steely Dan in ‘Hotel California’
- Roku Just Added Free Music Videos in Partnership With Vevo
Recurrent Events can be found each week as a segment on The Retro Network Podcast. Please subscribe and give us your feedback which we might feature on a future podcast episode. Also visit the Recurrent Events Archive for headlines from previous weeks!