The Retro Network’s Essay Contest is now open for submissions! What is the TRN Essay Contest you ask? Well, it’s YOUR chance to try your hand at writing a retro-themed essay and share your memories with the world. We’re looking for the next great creator or creators to join TRN, and being a little selfish, we love reading about everyone’s childhoods, teenage years, what toys they loved, cartoons, movies, music, etc.
Maybe you are already a seasoned writer, or maybe it’s your first time giving it a shot. Either way, we want YOUR submissions, and we’re going to publish them! That’s right, every submission will be published on TRN for our community and the rest of the world to enjoy. Not only that, but at the end of the month, the staff here at TRN is going to get together and select our favorite essay from all the submissions, and that person is going to win a nostalgia-filled fun pack loaded with cool stuff from the ’80s and ’90s! Let’s get to the details…
How to Enter
You can enter by writing your essay on any subject you want, as long as it has a retro theme to it. Maybe you want to talk about your favorite toy when you were younger, or tell a story about your first day of high school, or make a list of your ten favorite cartoons. Any and all subjects are open to you. If you need a little inspiration, just check out any of the articles on TheRetroNetwork.com to see the types of content we like.
Once you’ve put your entry together, just put it into the body of an email, and send it to email@example.com. If you have specific photos you want to be used in your essay, attach those to the email too. Don’t worry about the size of the photos, we’ll take care of making sure they are what we need before posting. Other info to include in your submission email is author name you’d like published with your essay and your social user names for giving proper recognition when promoting your essay on our social media channels. Also include your full name and mailing address to the email to make it quicker in getting your prize pack out to you once the contest is complete.
All submissions will be published on The Retro Network and promoted through our social media channels.
Your essay submission should be 500 words at a minimum. 800 words to 1500 words are optimal, but if your story needs more than that to tell it right, then, by all means, go longer! Be sure to spell check and grammar check your essay before submission.
All submissions will be published on TRN and promoted through our social media channels. At the close of the contest, one winner will be picked by the TRN staff from all the entries. That winner will win an ’80s and ’90s nostalgia-filled gift box, and be extended an invite to officially join TRN as a regular contributor! Winner will be notified via email.
Terms and Conditions of the TRN Essay Contest
- Essays must be submitted between September 1, 2019, through September 30, 2019, to qualify.
- Essay must be your own, original work, and not have appeared anywhere online before.
- You confirm that you are the original writer of the essay and that you own all rights and copyright relating to it.
- When you submit your essay, you agree that you have voluntarily and willingly to submit your essay to The Retro Network on these terms and conditions.
- You agree that ownership, copyright, and all other rights of the essay and it’s content are transferred to TRN when it’s published.
- You may agree that TRN may correct and edit the contents of the essay.
- You agree to TRN publishing the name you provided when submitting the essay as the author.
- You agree that TRN has the full right to publish the essay when it sees fit (including but not limited to all rights of publication on the internet, books, magazines, television, film, newspapers, and other forms of media.
Now that you have the details on how to submit your essay, the prize you may win, and the terms and conditions of the contest, theres only one thing left to do…go get started on your submission! Good luck to all who enter, and we very much look forward to reading and sharing your essay with the world!